4 Jul 2010

Sunny ride through Telemark and Buskerud

(Para el texto en español, id hasta despues de las fotos, esta todo alli!)

Cell phone alarm started ringing at 8.00 AM. Couldn't wake up. Decided to count up to 25 and think then what to do next. I've ended up counting up to 150...


The problem is that yesterday I went to bed almost at 2 AM. Always happens the same to me, it takes an awful lot of time posting pics and writing reports on the road!

I've finished the apple juice I bought yesterday in the petrol station, loaded everything on the bike and just before 10 AM I was heading to road 41.

Wanted to see a bit of the interior of Norway and according to the map this road was going to be beautiful.

Weather couldn't be any better. Sunny, no clouds and a bit chilly.

At the beginning I was a bit disappointed with the road. One village was sticking to the other and speed limits were of 40-50 Km. My God! But things improved quickly. Less and less villages and road going up and getting twisty.

Suddendly I see the first 'beware of elks' sign. That's a 'must have' pic! So I've stopped and taken the coveted photo. Yeiii...

Road was getting better and better and landscape nicer and nicer. Wide (and not very deep) river making 'lake-like' shapes and lots of conifers. I've never been in Alaska or Canada but I guess it must look similar...

Around midday I was starving so decided to have a picnic.

I stopped in one of the many picnic areas around the Norwegian roads and enjoyed a couple of slices of Swiss bread (still in good condition!), olive oil from Southern Spain (can't eat bread without it!) and smoked beef meat from Switzerland (from the Graubunden!). Mmmmmm, everything was so tasty!

The only negative point: the bugs! Ugh, how many of them, what a pain! I wished several times I was a cow to have a tail to get rid of them...

I've had to stop several times to make pics. The landscape was beautiful.

Good decision having taken this road!

Once finished (in Brunkeberg), then I've taken a bit of the E134 and a bit of the 361 to get to road 40. In the map this one looked promising as well.

Reality: it was OK, but 41 wass better!

I have to say that both of them (40 and 41) were not in a very good condition (to say it nicely). The route was great (endless smooth curves one after the other) but the surface was soooo bumpy!

But when I say bumpy I mean REALLY bumpy.

I was standing on the bike most of the time just to avoid the shakes due to the potholes...

Well, and not only for the potholes...

My butt was aching so much that I had to find some ways to make me feel better... (this special super-super-super low seat I have, helps me to reach the ground, but is killing my butt...). I know that in the next days it will get better, but the first trip days are hard!

One of the funniest part of road 40 is from Uvdal to Dagali. It climbs up to 1100 metres (ski station area) and has quite a few funny curves. Love going up the hill with the 1200, hahaha...

However, this stretch was the worst of the whole day in terms of bumps. My God, even for the GS some of them were too much...

I've arrived to Geilo around 18h and decided that I could call it a day so it was time to find somewhere to sleep.

One sign next to the road was advertising for appartments and decided to go for one. Best decision ever! For the same price as yesterday, today I got a full-equiped apartment for me (even bigger than the flat I've rented in Switzerland!).

The pitty was that I hadn't any 'cookable' food with me and. being Sunday 18h, nothing was open to get food.

So I went for a walk in town and ended up eating a huge hamburger in a local fast-food shop (1000 times better than the one yesterday at MD).

With my belly full, went back to the apartment, had a relaxing shower and started my daily homework.

Numbers of the day: 440 Km ridden, 8.5h hours on the road (picnic and quick visit to Uvdal Stave church included).

And, as usual, some pics!


Today's route: Kristiansand-Geilo


First 'elk' sign of the trip

Beautiful landscape in Telemark:

Marta

Heidi

The picnic

Nice landscape close to Vradal

Direction Bolkesjo

Uvdal Stavkirche

Somewhere between Uvdal and Geilo

Our home tonight (inside)

'Gourmet' dinner :-)


All pics here:

Pics Norway 2010





Rutita soleada por el Telemark y Buskerud
Domingo 4 de Julio de 2010
Kristiansand-Geilo, 440 Km.



El despertador del mobil sono a las 8 de la mañana.

No me podia levantar.


Decidi contar hasta 25 y decidir luego que hacer. Acabe contando hasta 150...


El problema es que ayer me fui a dormir casi a las 2 de la mañana. Siempre me pasa lo mismo... Tardas un monton en seleccionar fotos, colgarlas, escribir la cronica... Que estres!!! Pero se que lo que no haga ahora, no lo voy a hacer cuando vuelva, o sea que le dare un empujon tan grande como pueda...


Me termine el zumo de manzana que habia comprado el dia anterior.


Cargue a Heidi y a las 10 AM estabamos ya en direccion a la carretera 41.


Queria ver un poco del interior de Noruega y, de acuerdo con el mapa Michelin, esta carretera tenia que ser chula.


El tiempo no podia ser mejor: solete, ni una nube y fresquito.


Al principio la carretera me decepciono un poco.


Un pueblo pegaba al otro y los limites de velocidad eran de 40-50 Km/h. Que agobio! Y como todo el mundo me habia dicho que la poli noruega es tan exigentes con los limites de velocidad, pues iba cumpliendolos a rajatabla... Hasta que me di cuenta que los conductores noruegos iban mas relajados, o sea que me adapte a su ritmo real...


Las cosas pronto mejoraron.


Menos pueblos y la carretera subiendo y subiendo con curvitas divertidas.


Entonces vi el primer signo 'ojo, alces'. Y como es una de las fotos mas codiciadas de todo viaje a Noruega, pare y le hice a Heidi una foto con el. Ole, ya la tengo!!!


La carretera iba mejorando cada vez mas y el paisaje era cada vez mas bonito. Habia un rio serpenteando al lado de la carretera. Muy ancho pero poco profundo. Montones de coniferas. No he estado nunca en Alaska o Canada, pero por lo que he visto en la tele, tiene que ser algo asi...


Al mediodia pare a hacer un picnic. Con un dia tan soleado, era casi una obligacion!


Me detuve en una de las areas de picnic cerca de la carretera.


Me comi un par de rebanadas de pan (aun de suiza, y estaba tierno!) con aceite (andaluz!) y carne de ternera ahumada de los grisones (especialidad suiza). Una manzana de postres cerro el agape.


El unico punto negativo: los bichos. Joder, me habia olvidado que en Noruega pueden llegar a ser un autentico coñazo... Deseee un monton de veces ser una vaca y tener una cola para ahuyentarlos...


Despues de comer, pare varias veces a tomar fotos. El paisaje era chulisimo!!! Buena decision haber cogido esta carretera!


Una vez se termino la 41 (en Brunkenberg), cogi un poquito de la E134 y un poquito de la 361 hasta llegar a la 40. Según el mapa tambien era chula.


Sip, lo era, pero la 41 me gusto mas.


Tengo que decir que ambas carreteras 'no estaban muy bien'. El trazado era guai, pero el asfalto estaba hecho trizas en la mayoria de su recorrido. Que baches! Pero baches de verdad!


Conduci de pie muchos tramos para evitar los golpes derivados de los baches...


Bueno... y tambien porque el culo me dolia horrores...


Este asiento que llevo super-super-super-bajito, me ayuda a llegar un poquito mejor al suelo, pero me esta matando el culo... Seguro que en un par de dias la cosa ira a mejor, pero de mientras, como duele!


Una de las partes mas divertidas de la carretera 41 es la que va de Uvdal a Dagali. Sube hasta 1100 metros (estacion de esqui) y tiene unas cuantas curvas chulas... Me encanta subir carreteras con la 1200, mucho mejor que con la GSita, jejeje...


Aunque tengo que decir que este tramo era el que estaba peor de todos!


Que baches! Habia trozos que la carretera parecia que habia cedido pabajo...


Incluso para la GS eran un desafio!


Llegue a Geilo alrededor de las 18h. Decidi que por hoy, ya habia bastante o sea que empece a buscar algo para dormir.


Encontre unos apartamentos de alquiler que tenian buena pinta.


Por el mismo precio que la habitacion cutrilla de ayer, hoy tenia un apartamento (totalmente amueblado y equipado) para mi sola. Incluso mas grande que mi piso de Suiza! (bueno, esto ultimo no es muy dificil, jejeje).


La pena fue que aun teniendo una cocina totalmente equipada, no tenia comida 'cocinable' y un domingo a las 18h no era el mejor momento para encontrar viveres, o sea que me fui a dar un paseo al pueblo y acabe comiendome una hamburguesa gigante en un chiringuito local. Mucho mejor que la de ayer en el MD!


Con la tripa llena, volvi al apartamento, me duche y empece con las fotos y las cronicas otra vez...

1 comment:

  1. Lovin the blog Marta... Am thinking of Norway myself next year. Enjoy the ride and stay safe... Jr

    ReplyDelete